Sunday, November 7, 2010

Juicy Couture Advertisment

            The recent Juicy Couture print advertisements have been very powerful and have differentiated the brands image from other luxury brands.  I feel that the ads are powerful because they are able to communicate that the brand stands out from the crowd. Another important reason I feel that the Juicy ads are so powerful is that they are very noticeable. When I am reading a magazine I know when I come across a Juicy Couture ad before I see the brand name.
             The Juicy ads are very colorful, bright, wild, and eye-catching. The ads are in print, mostly in magazines that target females age 16-25, the ads usually are full body images, and have several people in the picture. The models are all dressed very differently to represent the different styles, with outlandish make-up to grab the reader’s attention.
           The appeal to this advertisement is the attention appeal. And the characteristics of that are demonstrated by this ad are ubiquity, and grabbing your attention. Ubiquity is used to catch the customer’s attention. The fact that the models are riding bikes and possibly in the park while wearing Juicy Couture clothing is very ubiquitous to viewer, and gives them the idea the brand can fit into any lifestyle. The other characteristic of grabbing you attention is that it can actually grab the viewer’s attention and hold it so that the customer can identify and understand what is being advertised. This particular advertisement grabs ones attention by using shock value, a viewer who has not seen the ad is caught off guard by advertisement and because it is so outrageous takes a second to look at and understand what is happening in the ad.
            I think this ad exemplifies the attention appeal very well. The first thing the ad does is keep the target audience in mind, teen girls who would shop for Juicy Couture items want to be noticed and have attention drawn to them; this ad shows attention by the customer wanting to view the add. I also feel that this ad does a good job of differentiating itself, by using colors and images that catch your attention, its an ad that customers will stop and actually view because it grabs their attention.  I think the pure shock one gets when they see this wild ad, draws attention and will push the customer to want to know more.
            As a female in the target audience I feel the advertisement does exactly what Juicy Couture intended it to do, grad my attention. The first time I saw this ad, I was shocked, and wanted to know who it was for and why did the models look like this. By actually grabbing my attention and making me want to know more the ad has stayed with me and did not get lost in all the clutter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment